Too Faced vs L'oreal (Better Than Sex mascara dupe)

It’s been a major talk in social media for over a month now. Is the new Loreal mascara a dupe for Too Faced Better Than Sex? Many beauty gurus, bloggers and beauty enthusiasts like myself have reviewed it and put it face to face against this high-end mascara and they agree that it works just as good if not better. I wanted to put this theory to the test. Especially since Better Than Sex is one of my top 3 mascaras of all time.

After looking for L'oreal's Voluminous Lash Paradise mascara since May, I finally found it at Walgreens on sale for $8.99. It was literally a surprise to find it because that day I hadn't even been on the hunt for it. Getting right into the comparisons of the two, the price is one of the biggest differences between these two mascaras. The Better Than Sex mascara sells at Sephora for $23. While the L'oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Lengthening Waterproof mascara retails for $9.99

Another big difference is that the Loreal Paradise mascara is waterproof, while the Better Than Sex mascara is not. Although there is a version of the Better Than Sex that is waterproof, I have never personally used that one myself.


Other than that, even their packaging is similar! They did not hide the fact that they are trying to imitate this high-end brand. Their mascara tube colors are both a beautiful rose gold, and when you open them, even more, similarities come up. One of them is the hourglass shaped wands. Yet, their bristles differ. L'oreal's bristles are shorter and stiff, while Too Faced has longer and more flexible bristles. The mascara formulas are very similar. Not too dry, but not incredibly liquid either. 

I wore these side by side and have worn them separately on various occasions and despite in the way the formula applies and consistency I have not found any major differences. They both wear and look incredibly similar.  My lashes curled beautifully and the curl lasted without dropping or making my lashes feel heavy. I had lashes for days with these! 

I didn't experience any flaking or smudging during my trial runs with them. I sometimes even forgot I had makeup on and would scratch at my eyes. So, I am definitely calling this one a dupe in my books. What do you guys think? 

Do you think is a dupe? Will you try this new drugstore mascara phenomenon? 

I'll write to you all soon. 

Love, Nashi

Comments

Popular Posts