Summer Skin Care Tips

Every year, Summer takes a toll on my skin. I don't consider myself as a person to have sensitive skin, but the extreme heat I experience living in a Tropical Island during the hot Summer months always leaves my skin needing some extra help. During the Summer months, I experience my most breakouts and my skin burns easily when exposed to the sun. This is why I kick my skin care techniques to full blast. Especially when I want to enjoy amazing sunny days at the beach or by the pool. These are my must have Summer skin care tips to enjoy your radiant looking skin even on those too hot for makeup days.


Stay Hydrated

I consider this to be the most important one of all. I've said this before on my blog and skin care posts, H2O is your best friend. Especially on hotter months. It is easy to get distracted by sweet teas and lemonade, but it is important to drink more water. Staying hydrated will not only make you feel better on hotter days, but your skin will thank you for it. Also, load up on fruits that will keep you hydrated like melons. Fruit is a great way to feel refreshed on a hot Summer day. My favorite Summer fruits are watermelons and strawberries.

Exfoliate

Exfoliating already is an important part of a skincare routine, but during Summer it is important to keep your skin free of impurities and from dead skin. This will prevent breakouts and any risk of skin infection. You don't even need to splurge on an expensive exfoliant, there are many cheap options out there and you can even make your own. Just be sure to use one that works best with your skin. 

Wear Sunscreen

One hour under direct sun withour sunscreen and Red Lobster might have a new face. I sunburn so easily! During Summer I always carry sunscreen with me. And I'll be the annoying person in the group reminding everyone to apply and reapply. I love a good tan as the next person, but I know how painful a sunburn can be. Not to mention that it is not good for your skin. There are many amazing products out there for all types of skin, and even makeup that includes some SPF to protect your skin from those UV rays. 

Wear Minimum Makeup

I hate the feeling of melting makeup during Summer. That's why I trade up my full coverage glam for some BB creams and leave it only for special occasions (when there is air con blasting). During Summer, I don't look for much coverage. I tend to be more focused on protection. I want to protect my skin at all times. BB creams are a great way to do this because they sit comfortably on the skin, give you a healthy glow, and usually are loaded up with SPF. Sometimes I even only use concealer and setting powder. Whatever my Summer makeup look may be, I always load up on the lip balm. One thing you won't be able to make me trade up on Summer is colorful eyeliner and mascara. They are my guilty pleasures! 

Hydrate your Skin and Lips

So we've already talked about how staying hydrated is important, but you skin might need a little extra hydration help. Always remember to wear lip balm and protect that perfect pout for all the amazing Summer selfies. Another great trick for an extremely hot day is to cool off your skin with some face mist. Sometimes I even use my rose water and witch hazel setting spray to refresh my skin.  It feels amazing. Lastly, we tend to shave or whatever a lot more, so make sure you moisturize and take care of your skin. Also moisturize after a long day under the sun. The lesson is that during Summer moisturizer is your best friend. 


Take Care of your Feet

I take care of my feet all year round because there is no need to use winter boots in Puerto Rico, but during Summer I like to give them a little extra attention. Make sure they smooth and exfoliated. Also, Summer is a great time to pull out all of that colorful and fun nail polish. The brighter, the better! 

Protect your Scalp

I've talked about having sunburned skin, but you don't know real pain until you have a burned scalp. Having a sunburned scalp is not fun! And many people forget to protect their scalp. A traditional route is wearing less hair products and using hats. You can also use sunscreen in any any area where you might have an exposed scalp situation going on. Whatever the technique you decide to use, make sure you protect that scalp! It is almost as important as protecting your ears from getting a little too much sunburned. Ouch! 

What are some of your favorite Summer Skin Care Tips or even Summer products? Make sure to let me know in the comments, Instagram (love_nashi), Facebook (nadeshka.monroig), or Twitter (nashimonroig). I'll write to all of you soon!

Love, Nashi

Comments

  1. I can recommend primarily decent and even responsible tips, as a result view it: Skin Care Product reviews

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts