Let's Talk Coffee (part 3)


Here I am, at it again with some amazing coffee I've had the pleasure to try. Of course, it's become a type of tradition of mine to hunt down coffee places I have never tried before in order to review them for you. Even my friends and family want to be a part of this journey with me and tag along. In case you haven't checked out my last one, you can read it here.

This time around I visited four new coffee shops, two of them I mentioned briefly during my road trip post on Monday. Without further ado, here are the coffee shops I visited during the part 3 of my Let's Talk Coffee series:

It's Coffee Time, Añasco, P.R.

This is one of the cutest coffee shops I have visited in a while! My siblings and I took out mom here for an early Mother's Day lunch. She loves coffee just as much as I do, so this place seemed like the perfect to try out. Their decor and aesthetic are extremely simple, but at the same time, it gives the place a homey feel. There are tons of coffee related quotes, books, a sofa to sit in and relax, and flowers in mason jars. Their menu isn't very varied, but they serve sandwiches and quesadillas. With their coffee, you can be as creative as you want. You can add the flavors you prefer and you can ask for either cold or hot coffee. I tried a simple Mocha because it was what I was craving that day. The mug was a decent size, which is always a win. It had a wonderful combination of chocolate and coffee. It tasted enough of coffee in my opinion, but you can always add extra shots of espresso if you prefer it that way. Their prices were also very good. I highly recommend it.

Hacienda San Pedro Coffee Shop, Jayuya, P.R. 

This is one of the places I visited during my road trip. It is located right in the heart of the coffee factory. It also has a coffee museum conveniently located on the second floor of the coffee shop, so you can go check it out after you place your order and wait for the baristas to make your delicious brew. It also has a gift shop where you can buy their different coffee flavors and roasts, ground or unground. The coffee I tried that day was also a Mocha. They used their medium roast coffee grain, which has a very nutty flavor that I absolutely loved. Their presentation was very simple, but their flavors were on point. It also is such a nice place to visit. If you have the opportunity, go during the weekend so you can enjoy one of their guided tours. They offer them during 3 different times each day, and I believe that during the Summer they also offer them on Friday's. In the grounds of the Hacienda, they also have a restaurant that opens on weekends. It is a lovely place to visit and their coffee is amazing. You can smell it the moment you get off the car in the estate.

K-FÉ D' AQUÍ Sobre Ruedas, Camuy, P.R. 

You guys should know by now that any coffee on the go appeals to me. Well, I found out about this place out of pure luck because they were set up at a Relay for Life I was participating in. The service was nice, quick, and attentive, which I really enjoyed.  I had a cappuccino, while my sister had a frozen coffee. The cappuccino was AMAZING. It was warm and fresh and it had the perfect amount of cinnamon and that whipped cream I like that doesn't melt easily. The frozen coffee, on the other hand, was a disappointment. It had too much ice which watered down the flavor of the coffee. In fact, it didn't taste like coffee at all. It is a really nice concept, and affordable prices but their frozen coffee might have been suffering that day, who knows. I do recommend their warm beverages. Each order is brewed fresh and their attention to detail is really amazing. They're a great option if you are a person who is on the go and enjoys trying coffee from little food trucks. It really is fun and in my opinion, their cappuccino is worth it!

Cafe Nativo, Jayuyas, P.R. 

The last coffee I tried for this part three was from Cafe Nativo during my road trip. This restaurant style coffee shop has an amazing view, good service, and even a waffle burger on their menu! This is a coffee estate too, which means they offer guided tours on Saturday's if you get the chance to participate of one. If you don't? Well, you can enjoy their delicious brunch style food, coffee, and gift shop. Plus, it doesn't hurt to have an amazing cup of coffee while being surrounded by nature! I tried their cappuccino and I can't really describe the taste. Their coffee is absolutely silky as you taste it. It is not too strong or overpowering. I did add some brown sugar on mine, which is something I don't usually do. Even then, this is a definite recommendation spot. I can't wait to go back and hopefully be able to participate in their guided tours. Jayuya as a city also has a lot of cultural presence and some neat place to visit, especially if you enjoy being out in nature. 

Have you discovered any new coffee places lately? Share them with me through Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or the comments below! I would love to hear about what places you're all loving. I'll write to you all soon.

Love, Nashi

Comments

Popular Posts