Let's Talk Coffee (Part 2)

Here we are again! Ever since my last post in the Let's Talk Coffee series, I have visited some more coffee shops around Puerto Rico (sorry those of you from other parts of the world!). This time I visited five new coffee places that I had never gone to before and tried the coffee people on social media seemed to be loving. So here is my review on some of my new favorite cups of coffee:

Arrope, Rio Piedras, P.R. 

I've lived near this coffee shop for nearly two years and hadn't gone yet to try it. Once I started the series and began to investigate possible coffee shops I could visit, this one definitely made the list. The place is small and a great spot for students since the university is in walking distance. I went on a Sunday for brunch and the place had a relaxed atmosphere, their waffles are great. They have traditional coffees like lattes, but they also serve some house specials. The coffee we asked for was more up a traditional route since we had a macchiato and a mocha. They were absolutely delicious. The coffee was strong and hot just like I like it. It's great to know that I have such a great coffee place just steps from my apartment. Definitely, recommend.

Coffee Masters PR, Aguadilla, P.R. 


I am willing to say that this is the best coffee in my home town. What attracted me to this cute place was the fact that this is a drive-through food truck. Yes! You read correctly. I am always saying that Puerto Rico needs better places where we can get coffee via drive-through. Coffee Masters is doing just that outside the Gate 5 entrance in Aguadilla. They have various coffee flavors and you can even make up your own or add extra shots of espresso. You name it and they will do it! They also sell cakes and iced teas for those of you who do not love coffee. My favorite is the Coco-Loco, which is a coffee beverage with coconut and chocolate, topped with some whipped cream. Absolutely delicious. They also have a rewards system. Buy ten coffees and the 11th one is free! Check them out and give them some deserving love. 

Melvo's Café, Aguada, P.R. 




Going into Melvo's facebook page is an absolute sin because you will see amazing pictures and insane coffee creations like this mocha! The coffee mug is rimmed with Nutella and walnuts (can have m&m's if you want), topped with some whipped cream and more walnuts. When I ordered this and it arrived at my table, I had no clue how to start drinking it. It is messy but worth every single sip and bite. This is the perfect recipe for a sugar rush. Their menu is also incredibly varied and delicious! You can order typical breakfasts like eggs and toast, sandwiches, burgers, waffles, pancakes, etc. And you can have it all however you want! In the coffee department, you can basically have your coffee however you like as well. The Nutella rimmed mocha can be asked for with dark chocolate or white chocolate. Also, it may come with or without sugar (whatever type of sugar you want too). If you crave options, Melvo's Café is the place for you! 




the Bookmark San Patricio, Guaynabo, P.R. 




This is one of my favorite bookstores and it wasn't until recently that I discovered that at the end there is a coffee place. That is where the delicious coffee smell always came from! What I loved the most about this coffee spot is that all of their specialty coffee is named after famous authors! Their tea beverages are named after authors too. So you come here and you can ask for a J.K. Rowling raspberry & lemon iced tea or you could as for an Oscar Wilde coffee (almond, hazelnut & cocoa). This is such a cute and innovative concept. I wanted to ask for all of them. Instead, and the most reasonable option, we decided to ask for a Julia de Burgos (Chocolate & coconut) and a René Marqués (Cinnamon & coconut). With these, you can have different pastries or cupcakes they sell. Best part? You can browse the book selections while you wait or before you leave! Make sure to check them out. They are located on the 3rd floor of San Patricio Mall, near the food court. 

TBC Food & Drink, Aguadilla, P.R. 

This became a favorite brunch and coffee spot of all time in an instant. This house turned restaurant is absolutely gorgeous. Not only does it have a homey feel but you can find adorable decor, a pond, gardens, outside or inside seating, a community library, and amazing hospitality. It is so hard to find a place with great atmosphere, cute aesthetic, amazing food, nice people, and delicious coffee served in a decent sized mug that is worthy of any Gilmore Girls fan (and even Lorelai Gilmore herself if you ask me!). You don't just go to TBC Food & Drink for the food and creative beverages (they even have rosemary lemonade!), you visit for the entire experience. I was in awe as I continued to discover more and more of the place. The owner was right there and served us. We even overheard them recommending other local places in the area to tourists. If you are ever in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico you NEED to visit. You won't regret it. My sister has already gone back and I've recommended it to a few people! This is really great and I love discovering new places that have such a good feel to them. All of their food is made with local and fresh ingredients. Their menu also changes constantly with different desserts and their weekly specials. So every visit will be unique.

Have you discovered any new coffee places lately? Share them with me through Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or the comments below! I would love to hear about what places you're all loving. I'll write to you all soon.

Love, Nashi

Comments

Popular Posts