Let's Talk Coffee!

If you know me longer for 5 minutes you'll learn two things: I am a total foodie and I am a coffee lover. I like myself some good coffee and am always on the hunt for some great places to have good food, an amazing cup of coffee and share great conversations with friends. Which is why I was inspired by the blog Coffee & Dogs and their local coffee shops post to talk about some of my favorite places to drink coffee. So here are some of my favorite cups of coffee:

This cute little coffee spot I discovered because it is located right next to my doctor. The owner is super sweet and incredibly involved in everything in the shop. They have a completely varied menu that includes sandwiches, waffles, coffee, hot chocolate and a variety of baked goods. Part of the charm comes from the quote of the week wall and the fact that you can write on the tables (which makes for cute Instagram pictures). 

My favorite to drink here is always a café con leche (coffee with milk) with brown sugar. If you are ever in the area have a quick visit where you can enjoy delicious cupcakes and great coffee. 

This is a cute little place located in the 107 street in Aguadilla. It is small but their frozen and hot coffee sure pack a punch. Two of my favorite flavors are the Nutty Sensation Coffee and the Mocha Madness Coffee. I will have them either frozen or hot (depending on my mood), but they are equally as delicious. You can enjoy your coffee with a variety of baked goods, desserts, chocolate covered strawberries or the most delicious pancakes you will have in your lifetime (refer to picture below). 
If you do decide to eat the pancakes, I recommend the strawberry oreo pancakes. It is not for the faint of heart and if you cannot handle your sugar, you should definitely stay far far away! Another great treat from here is their chocolate covered strawberries. They are always fresh, juicy and sweet. 

If you are into frozen coffee you should check out this spot in Isabela, P.R. My favorite is the Macadamia Coffee Frappe. It is sweet and refreshing on a hot Island day. And they have a bit for everyone because they have a ton of other frappe flavors that go beyond coffee flavors. Along with your frozen drink, you can have a variety of snacks and food to enjoy a great day among friends and/or family. 

Cafelados has two other locations other than this Kiosk in Aguadilla, but this is by far my favorite because of the view. It is located right on the beach and in a boardwalk where you can enjoy of many other kiosks. Their frozen coffee menu varies depending on the day you go, but that only means that every time you can try something new. Two of my favorites has been the smores coffee and Luna which is a drink of macadamia, pralines, white chocolate, and caramel. You can also enjoy a sandwich of a pizza while you drink coffee or visit another kiosk for a treat. The best part? You can enjoy a day at the beach before or after! 

I discovered this place because it was right across the street from where I worked. It was my go-to lunch spot because they had some amazing wraps, but my favorite was always a cup of coffee and a fresh bagel. All their bagels are baked right there in the shop and they have a variety of flavors and spreads to choose from. Along with their extensive food menu. My favorite coffee to ask for was either a mocha or a black coffee with sugar. You could never go wrong with that combination either for lunch or coffee break. 

Sometimes while on the go, you can never go wrong with a Starbucks coffee. Whenever I am at the mall or on long road trips, I tend to stop here for my coffee fix if there are no new places to try. My go to drink (hot or in Frappucino form) is the Mocha Coconut with Coconut Milk. This sweet drink is the perfect combination of flavors, but if coconut is not your cup of coffee (get it? haha) there are many other flavors to choose from, including their seasonal drinks. 

Mona is the cutest brunch place you will ever visit and my favorite place to go eat no matter if it is breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. Their decor is absolutely adorable with a vintage, Pinterest, and Tumblr feels. They have an extensive menu where I have tried almost everything on it including their Creme Brulé French Toast, Eggs Benedict, and Sandwiches. My go to coffee flavors are a Mocha (which I am known to drink more than one cup of) and the Ristretto. Ristretto is what is known as the first cup of the brewed coffee so it tends to be stronger and rich in coffee flavors. If coffee isn't your thing, a must try is their Coconut Lemonade which is an explosion of flavors on your tongue as soon as you take the first sip of the frozen concoction. So if you are ever in Aguadilla make sure to go eat at any of their two locations. You will NOT be disappointed. I promise you. 

Revolving Dining Room, Niagara Falls, Canada
Lastly, there is this place that is obviously not in Puerto Rico but had to make the list. During the Summer of 2016, I went on a road trip of the East Coast of the United States and made it all the way across the border to the Niagara Falls in Canada. During our very short visit of less than one day, we had lunch at the Revolving Dining Room in the Skylon Tower. This is where I got to enjoy the most delicious cup of coffee with this incredible and out of this world view. So if you are ever in the area make reservations, enjoy their amazing food and also a cup of coffee before you leave. 

I think that is all for this coffee blog post. Do you guys think this should be a series? Let me know in the comments if you would like a part two of Let's Talk Coffee! Also, let me know if you have tried any of the places I mentioned above. I'll write to you all soon. 

Love, Nashi

Comments

Popular Posts