My must have lipsticks


I am a sucker for a great lipstick. Over the years I have been on the hunt for those makeup staples that you swear by. I have tried amazing brands that are inexpensive like Wet n Wild to high-end brands like Smashbox. Here are my top 6 must have lipsticks:
Rimmel London Kate Matte Lipstick in 107
Price: $5.79 at Walgreens

This is my favorite lipstick for fall and winter. It is this deep burgundy color that simply makes any makeup look pop. The best part is that it is a drugstore lipstick! It may not be long lasting but it is not hard to do touch ups if needed. Whenever I tend to keep it in my purse with me and reapply it using my iPhone's camera. The formula also is super smooth and easy to correct any mistakes without that terrible mess that ends up ruining your entire makeup. Even my family loves it. In fact, I have on many occasions bought all of the remaining stock at Walgreens because a few family members want one of their own. If red lipsticks are your cup of tea, I recommend that you try this color!
Rimmel London Kate Nude Lipstick in 48
Price: $5.79 at Walgreens

I got this color last Summer when I saw it at Walgreens and instantly fell in love. Even with my doubts if the color would look good on my skin tone, I purchased it and put it on the second I got in my car. The formula of the Kate Lipsticks never disappoints. It goes on like butter. And the color has a sheer over it that really lightens up the deep brown tone of the color. This is the perfect color when you want to be bold but still keep your makeup within the nude range. 
E.L.F. Cosmetics Matte Lip Color in Praline
Price: $3.00 at E.L.F. Cosmetics website

This is a very beautiful nude that actually works very well during the fall. It's a mauve tone that just glides on the lips. The packaging makes application extremely easy because ir is almost pencil like. Unlike other lipsticks in my list, the formula does not feel smooth when applying and it can end up tugging at your lips slightly but the color truly is beautiful.
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cannes 
Price: $6.00 at NYX Website
I bought this color because I read that it could serve as the dupe for Kat Von D's Lolita Everlasting Liquid Lipstick. I think they are very similar in color and maybe even in formula. I love to wear this color on down days when I wear my no-makeup-makeup-look. It's a soft lip look that will last you all day without touch ups. It gives me just the right pop of color to make me look natural. Obviously, this depends on your skin tone because for some it may look too pinkish.
Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Vampira
Price: $20.00 at Sephora
Love the color but only wear it if I have tons of time to get ready and don't need to do touch ups during the day. This is a messy one but so gorgeous when you get it right! I will not lie and say that it can crumble depending what you eat while wearing it, so think very hard before wearing it. I just wish the formula was better! I love this bold and dark color when fall rolls around.
Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick in Bawse
Price: $24.00 at Sephora

I saw youtuber Lili Singh wear this color over and over again in her videos before I decided I NEEDED this color. If you know me, you'd know that my staple go-to makeup look is a winged liner, flawless lashes and a bold red lip. This is my favorite not up for discussion red lipstick. It will last me ALL day. No touch ups and I can eat without worrying about it! It feels soft and not over drying to my lips like most liquid lipsticks. I wear it any time of the year and always get so many compliments when I do.

What are your must have lipstick brands and colors? Let me know in the comments. I'll write to you all soon.

Love, Nashi

Comments

  1. I've been dying to try a Kat Von D lipstick, I love all her new collections! And the Kate ones I stick by, I have four or five and they're amazing for the price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bunch of the Kate ones! Also, I like my Kat Von D lipstick but I prefer the Smashbox one. Applicator is better and the formula just lasts all day!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts