The Truth About Forever Book Review

Macy's summer stretches before her, carefully planned and outlined. She will spend her days sitting at the library information desk. She will spend her evenings studying for the SATs. Spare time will be used to help her obsessive mother prepare for the big opening of the townhouse section of her luxury development.
But Macy's plans don't anticipate a surprising and chaotic job with Wish Catering, a motley crew of new friends, or . . . Wes. Tattooed, artistic, anything-but-expected Wes. He doesn't fit Macy's life at all so why does she feel so comfortable with him? So . . . happy? What is it about him that makes her let down her guard and finally talk about how much she misses her father, who died before her eyes the year before?

So this post was supposed to go up the day of my birthday, but time just got the best of me and I never got around to uploading it! Anyways, the reason I chose to review this the day of my birthday because it is a book I hold dear to my heart and it is written by my favorite author. 

This book is so much more than just the story, much more than finding love in the oddest of places. This book, as the synopsis describes, is a roller coaster for both the readers and the characters. The only way I can describe it is with the stages of grief because it feels as though right alongside Macy we experience that grief she still has. That grief she only managed to bury under so many other things.

In my heart, this book has the true meaning of forever written all over it. Macy learned to take what life threw at her and make the best of it, and Wes taught her how to enjoy every single second of her life. This book teaches us to live for today because we truly don't know when it all will end. This is a lesson that time and time again I have had to remind myself, and a life philosophy I try to apply every single day of my life. 


I must say, that the best part about this book has to be the question game Wes and Macy play all through the book. Two strangers got to know each other with questions, trusted each other so much that it is truly unbelievable. It seems like fun if it's with the right person. And this is the best way to get to know a person. Ask questions and don't be afraid of the answers. Also don't be afraid of getting asked questions and answering them as well. Now, whenever I meet a guy and I want to get to know him I play my own version of 'truth'. 

The characters in this book are also so amazing! I always think Dessen's characters are great, but this book had one of my favorite Dessen boys. Wes Baker is just something else and you'll just have to read the book to find out what I mean. Also, I can relate to Macy in so many aspects of my life. I tend to hold myself back due to fear. And this book is a little reminder that great things can happen if you just push through and take a leap of faith. 


This is also one of those few books you really don't want to end and you can ALWAYS find yourself going back to reading it. And lending it to your friends! This is truly a piece of art, a life lesson and an amazing read for all ages. This book fills you up with hope about a brighter tomorrow and how sometimes in life we can't be afraid... How we can't hold on to the past too tightly because it will only drag us and slow us down.

I highly recommend it and I also tell you to not rush this book. Take your time. Take it all in. Trust me on this, you won't regret it. 

Have you read The Truth About Forever? Let me know in the comments what your thoughts on the book are. I'll write to you all soon. 

Love, Nashi

Comments

  1. I had never hard of this book before, but it sounds like a fun read! I'll have to add it to the must read list!

    Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts