Thank You, Mom

A woman is much stronger than what we can see at first glance. This is especially true when it comes to mothers.

As all of us in the Western Hemisphere may know, this week we celebrate Mother's Day and I've got to say that I am very thankful to God that he gifted me with such an amazing and strong woman in my life. I know at times I tend to take all she's done for me and my siblings for granted, but deep down I hope she knows how lucky and thankful I am for her. Mom, I wouldn't be the woman I am today if it wasn't for you.


My mom has lived a life with many ups and downs, and like most human beings she has had to suffer through adversities and difficult times. These life experiences have turned her into the rock within our family. As I was growing up, I watch her be a person who persevered, worked hard, and fought every single day not only for herself and her family but for all those who needed it.

My mom is filled with stories and memories that she loves to tell. But most of all, she is such an inspiration and full of faith. I definitely get my positive attitude because of her. She's taught me to hold my head high, to always smile, and to be kind to others.


If I closed my eyes right now, I can clearly picture my mother laughing or smiling. She is such a happy person even when life isn't being so kind. Even when my dad was overseas due to his military work and she had to become a father and a mother to us. She would tell you that everything happens when he isn't around. And it sure felt like it! She handled everything like a pro and nowadays I owe everything I owe to them, but especially her.

My mom appreciates every single day of her life and she takes her time to stop and appreciate the little things. She loves sunsets and walks on the beach. She has an amazing green thumb for flowers which I wish I had gotten because I seriously kill every single plant I own!


My mom is also my biggest cheerleader. Every single day of my life I can count on her to cheer me on and support me in whatever it is I am doing. I think she even believes in my dreams much more than I do. She is tough too. She pushes me to do better every single day because she knows I can do it.

For this and so much more, I want to say thank you, mom. Thank you for always being true to yourself and teaching me how important that is. I love you to the moon and back and forever and forever.

And to all the other mom's and woman in my life out there, I want to thank you also and wish you a very happy mother's day this upcoming Sunday.

I'll write to you all soon.

Love, Nashi

Comments

Popular Posts