How to Plan the Best Summer Staycation



Are you feeling bummed out because Summer Vacations are here and while everyone is traveling you think you will spend your days at home watching Netflix? Let me tell you that you are wrong! You don't need to splurge on a big vacation or travel to a different country or Disney in order to have an amazing Summer Vacation!

The truth is that I adore traveling as much as the next person, but sometimes I just don't have the money to hop on a plane to visit a new destination or even some of my favorites. Vacations can really take a toll on your pocket, but that doesn't mean that you can't enjoy your Summer vacation doing something amazing locally. Staycations can be just as fun as actually traveling to a different state or country, but they can be very budget friendly. Here are some ideas of how to have an amazing 2017 Summer Staycation!

Plan a Picnic at a Local Park

Picnics are such a great way to spend a day outdoors. You can fly solo or have a bunch of friends or family join. The best part is that everyone can contribute something and make it a special occasion. Find out what parks are nearby locally and you've never visited. Bring some food, drinks, music, and a big blanket and you're set! The Summer day will pass you by chatting about with your loved ones while you enjoy some delicious Summer themed recipes. 

Have a Themed Movie Night

Enjoy staying in and watching Netflix? Want to binge watch that hot new series? Or even rewatch an old one? Invite your friends and make it a party! Better yet, make it a themed party! A few years ago I had a Harry Potter Themed Movie Night and it was amazing. We had a table full of snacks and our wands ready! 

Don't feel like staying in? A movie night also doesn't mean you need to stay at home. Find a drive-in movie theater or see what they are giving at the cinema. Maybe there is an event nearby where they will show a movie in the park or anything like that. Do your research and let your town or nearby towns surprise you. The point is to make an event out of it and enjoy it! 


Have Some Water Fun

It doesn't matter if it is at the beach, in a pool or a water fight! Having some water fun is a big part of what a Summer Vacation is because it helps you cool down. You could have some great laughs during a water balloon fight, read an amazing book by the beach, or take cute insta pics with your friends by the pool. Maybe there is a water park in your town or a town nearby and you can make it a day trip with your friend or family. Just go out there and have some fun! 

Go to a Local Festival

There is nothing better than going to a festival. Here in Puerto Rico, we have festivals all year round, but during Summer my family and I like to look for which ones may be happening each weekend and simply making a trip out of them. You get amazing food, shows, and local crafts from vendors. Most of them are sometimes themed (especially here in Puerto Rico). You could also see if there are any Summer Music festivals happening near you. The trick for an amazing staycation is doing your research and finding out the best places to be and when. 

Plan a Road Trip

I live in Puerto Rico and there are a bunch of towns that I have not visited yet, many with attractions for only $1. So whenever I know I will have a free day with nothing to do and feel like adventuring I will research what to do in Puerto Rico, and if I find a place I like I see what else you can do in that town. That is how the road trip with my best friend came to be. 

You can do the same no matter where you are from. Find a few places you want to visit and make a road trip out of it! Trust me, you will have an amazing time and you can save loads of money by making it a one-day road trip and bringing lots of snacks and beverages with you in the car. 

Tell me, what is your favorite Staycation idea? I would love to hear from you in the comments below or in any of my social medias: Facebook (nadeshka.monroig), Twitter (@nashimonroig), and Instagram (love_nashi). 

I'll write to you all soon! 

Love, Nashi

Comments

Popular Posts