I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder

Girl meets boy.
Girl loses boy.
Girl gets boy back...
...sort of.
Ava can't see him or touch him, unless she's dreaming. She can't hear his voice, except for the faint whispers in her mind. Most would think she's crazy, but she knows he's here.
Jackson. The boy Ava thought she'd spend the rest of her life with. He's back from the dead, as proof that love truly knows no bounds.

Loss, love, search, blame, friendship, and moving forwards are just a few words that could describe the journey this book will take you through.

This was my first Lisa Schroeder book and after I read this one I definitely picked up other books from her and she never ceased to amaze me with her amazing talents. This book is written in verse, which is always an interesting book to read because other than making it a quick read it adds a different depth and peculiarity to the entire book. 

The story was not at all what I expected back then because in the tittle the use of the word 'haunt' makes you think of something creepy but it was not that at all, the book was sweet and fairly entertaining. Now as I have grown older, I realize that there is much more to a haunting than something that should scare us. Good memories and feelings could still haunt us, and I think that different aspect is what this story brings to the table. 


This is a book filled with the weight that is left upon the person who is left behind and although very sad it is also alluring. The plot keeps you there because you want to know what happens to Ava, what happened to Jackson, but most of all what happened to them. It is that play with a person's curiousity that makes this book so special.

My favorite part about this book has to be how Lisa, the author, incorporated music into the story. It is something I have seen done in very few books and I quite enjoy it. What made it extra special was how she made music the way Jackson communicated with Ava. Just like in Sarah Dessen's book Just Listen, we realize here that music is a powerful thing that can express things beyond what our own words could, and even when words fail us.

I strongly recommend this book, although it is a quick read you will be amazed how good it is. I'll write to you all soon.


Love, Nashi 

Comments

Popular Posts