My tips for healthy looking skin

Over the years, I have discovered certain staples that need to be in my daily or even weekly routine in order to maintain my skin looking healthy at all times. The best part? These are little adjustments you can make to your routine that will certainly make you feel healthier and your skin looking amazing.

Here are my tips for healthy-looking skin:

Exercise

This is the quickest way to sweat out impurities in your skin. It doesn't matter if it is 10 minutes or 45, but I have found that whenever I exercise my skin feels and looks better. By exercising we increase our blood flow, which will improve also the oxygen that our working cells have. All of this will truly help you in maintaining healthy looking skin, and not to mention a healthier body and state of mind. 

Drink Lots of Water

Water is your best friend. Whenever my skin feels and looks dull, I know that I am not drinking enough water. I am terrible at tracking or even remembering to drink water. I didn't even use to like drinking it. This is why I downloaded the app Water Alert onto my phone. This sends me reminders throughout the day to remind me to drink water and keep myself hydrated. Now, water is the only thing I drink 99% of the time. 

Eat Healthier

Our diets reflect in many ways across our bodies, one of them is our skin. Adding foods that are rich in anti-oxidants will help your skin a lot. Also, eating healthier, in general, will help your body in many ways. I have recently begun to track what I eat so I can adjust my diet by using the app MyFitnessPal. This is a great way to track your exercise, water, and daily calories in one simple place.

I also take skin, hair and nails vitamins to give my diet an extra boost. This is something I incorporated into my diet two weeks ago so I haven't seen any concrete results yet, but I have read of many others who have had results with this sort of thing. 

Track Your Period

I'm not sure if anyone else suffers from this, but whenever my period is a few days away my face breaks out and gets this sickly look to it. I'm not sure what causes it, but I learned to track my period in order to know when I need to kick my skincare routine into high gear and not miss a day! I downloaded a Period Diary app that helps me keep track of it and know exactly when I will be in that time of the month. 

Use Face Masks

Sometimes your skin needs an extra boost midweek or even at the end of it. Face masks are the best way to do this because you can pick and choose depending on what your skin needs at the moment. Some of my favorites include polishing masks, clay masks, sheet masks and even eye pads to reduce inflammation around my eyes. You can also create your own face masks. The internet has tons of quick and easy recipes for face masks, all you have to do is look for the right one. If you want to learn more about my favorite face masks, check out this blog post


Exfoliate Your Skin

Get rid of all those dead skin cells and dirt that clutter your pores! Exfoliating is a must if you want your skin to always have a glow to it. Depending on what type of skin type you have, you would decide between a harsher scrub or a gentle scrub. I actually like to use both in my routine, depends on what my skin needs that day.

Moisturize Twice a Day

This is something I learned not too long ago! Even if you have oily skin, moisturizing your skin will make all the difference. I use an oil free moisturizer by Neutrogena during the day and a water gel-mask moisturizer by Olay at night. The only tricky part is finding a moisturizer that works with your skin and doesn't do it more harm than good. I had a few miss trials with some that caused my skin irritation and acne. So get to know your skin, and ask your doctor if you do not know which moisturizer would work for you.

Follow a Balanced Skincare Routine 

It took me years, but I think I have almost gotten my skincare routine down. After years or trying product after product, I have finally found the ones that have worked for me to keep my skin clean. That is the secret to healthy-looking skin! If you want to learn more about my skincare staple products check out this blog post.

What are some of your tips to keep your skin looking healthy? Let me know in the comments! I'll write to you all soon.

Love, Nashi

Comments

Popular Posts