My Favorite Face Masks

A few weeks ago, I wrote a blog post about My Skin Care Essentials where I spoke about the products that have kept my skin looking clean, fresh and mostly acne free. In that post, I also mentioned that part of my skin care routine is using masks weekly or every few weeks to give my skin the extra boost it sometimes needs.

Face masks are the perfect in-home treatment you can give your skin and also the most essential pampering part of your beauty routine. Finding the right face mask could help you deal with issues like the need of more moisture, removing excess oils, acne, and even improve the appearance of pores. Face masks are also the best way to remove impurities from the skin. Not only do they help your overall skin regimen, but they are the perfect relaxation techniques after a long week and your skin will be glowing after.

Just like everything else in your skin care routine, you need to know your skin first. Knowing your skin will definitely help you find the right mask for you and your skin needs.

Here are some of my favorite face masks that I swear by:

FREEMAN's Charcoal & Black Sugar Polishing Mask
Price: $4.29 on Ulta.com
I first tried this product in their single use packaging that only costs $1.99 because I wanted to see if it would work for me. I fell in love with it instantly. Charcoal has been an ingredient that has changed my skin care routine game forever. It really helps my skin feel and look cleaner! This dual-action purifying mask is first applied as a mask (beware it feels kind of chunky on the skin) and before removing it you can use it over your face as a scrub. I really like the black sugar component because you can feel it dissolving into your skin. After using it my skin always feels clean, polished, and fresh. 

The Body Shop's Tea Tree Skin Clearing Clay Mask
Price: $17.00 on Ulta.com
This is one of the first face masks I remember purchasing and back then it felt like a splurge and also a gamble. I've repurchased this product three times already because it is my all time favorite mask. The cooling sensation it gives is one of the most refreshing feelings you will ever experience. It also has helped me immensely with my acne, excess oil and the appearance of my pores. It also helps me control the appearance of blackheads. You apply the mask over your face (don't be afraid to apply it thick) and wait 15-20 minutes before washing it off. After that, enjoy your freshly clean face! 

SHILLS Natural Science's Purifying Peel-Off Black Mask
Price: $2 on Wish
I bought this bad boy on Wish and it was worth the wait. The process is long and painful because you need to wait until the mask completely dries before peeling, and the peeling is excruciating if you have sensitive areas on your skin. This really helps me when my skin needs a deep cleansing since it removes impurities from inside the pores. My favorite part is that it isn't overdrying and you can use it as necessary. Sometimes I use it as a full face mask (avoiding eyes, eyebrows and lips) or just around my nose area. Definitely worth it for the price. 

The Creme Shop Sheet Masks
Price: $3 each on thecremeshop.com
I have seen these at Walgreens sold individually, which is where I first got them to try them out, but I have also seen the box of 5 sold in Marshalls. The price varies depending on where you buy them, but these sheet masks have a variety of them with different uses depending on what your skin needs. My three favorites are the Coconut Oil (for moisture), Rose Water (to reduce inflammation), and Neroli Oil (to even skin tone). They are easy to apply and they are my favorite to use when I need to relax. Also, the excess oils from the mask can be used down the neck to really give the most of it to your skin. The best part? You don't need to wash it off! 

SpaLite Soothing Spa Eye Pads
Price: $8 on myspalife.net
I've definitely bought these for a dollar or two at Marshalls. If you suffer from puffy eyes or dry under eyes, you need to add these eye pads to your staple face masks. They come in a variety of scents, but my favorite is the strawberry ones. You simply apply two to your eyes and leave them on for 15 minutes. You'll definitely get the sensation that you are in the spa. My pro tip for them? Keep them in the fridge along with your sheet masks. The extra cool the fridge gives them will definitely help your skin to reduce inflammation. 

What are some of your favorite face masks? Let me know in the comments! I'll write to you all soon.

Love, Nashi 

Comments

Popular Posts