Beauty Life Hacks

Sometimes I just want to quickly get ready and be out the door without any mishaps. The truth is that it rarely happens! Whenever I am tight on time, the most accidents happen like getting deodorant on my clothes or not having enough time to curl my hair. That's where these beauty life hacks come in handy. I am going to teach you how to cheat time and be able to deal with things when you need to be out the door in record time!

Curl your hair in a ponytail
I take so long curling my hair with my curling wand. Even when mastering the art, I can take up to an hour doing my hair. I watched a video by LaurDIY where she spoke about curling her hair in a ponytail and then letting it go and fixing whatever parts may need extra help. Obviously, I needed to try this hack and to my surprise, it worked! I cut my time in half! I was in complete shock! And if I am honest my hair looked better than when I take the longest. Also, my arms didn't hurt by the end of it all. I give this hack a 9/10! 

Use setting powder if you don't have dry shampoo
To be honest, I do not use dry shampoo. My hack is to use a little bit of my loose setting powder (translucent!) in my roots if my hair is looking way too oily. It definitely takes less time than washing my hair and having to do it. It soaks up the oils and doesn't leave your hair looking chunky or powdery. This is a great hack for days when you have no time to wash your hair or you have last minute plans. I give this one an 8/10! 

Reduce frizz by drying your hair with a T-shirt
I know there are brands that sell expensive towels to dry your hair and reduce the frizz, but you need to trust me when I say that a t-shirt works just as fine. Whenever I want to leave my hair naturally curly, I use a T-shirt to dry my hair after I apply the hair product. I just wrap it all up and leave it in there for about half an hour. The T-shirt will absorb the excess moisture without overdrying your hair of it. I am left with neat curls after I am done. This hack gets an 8/10!

Vaseline for a DIY home pedicure
My feet are always looking dry! I don't have the time or the funds to go get a pedicure every time my feet need extra care. I discovered in college that if you apply vaseline on your feet and wear socks every night before bed, your feet will be looking 100% better and smoother! You literally don't have to do anything! This hack is a definite 10/10! I love it! 

Blot excess oil on the go
I don't always have blotting paper with me, so I found that using bath tissue or toilet seat cover does the trick when you're on the go. It really does the job when you need a quick touch up and you need to get rid of that extra shine on your T-zone. I give this one a 7/10! 

Sharpen lipstick and eyeliner edges with concealer
When time is against you, using a dark lip color or winging your eye can become your arch nemesis. This is when a little bit of concealer and a small brush can become your hero. Use them to clean up the edges of your lipstick and eyeliner so you have crisp and clean lines when you go out the door and conquer the world. Trust me, it is a life saver! This one is a 10/10! 

Remove deodorant stains with a used dryer sheet
 Have you ever put on a black shirt or dress in a hurry after applying deodorant and all you're left with are angry white streaks staring back at you in the mirror? That can ruin my entire day when I do not have a backup outfit planned or the time to think of one! I learned that using a used dryer sheet works incredibly well to removing them. And you need a used one because a new one could leave behind more streaks. You simply rub the sheet against the cloth and voila! Your clothes are perfectly clean again.

What are some of your beauty life hacks? I would love to read them in the comments. I'll write to you all soon. 

Love, Nashi

Comments

Popular Posts