DIY Setting Spray + First Impression

If you are a makeup aficionado and have graduated the basics, you obviously have learned how important setting spray is in order to complete any look. This is a product that is just as important as primers and setting powder. Yet, it is so freaking expensive! I've tried a few brands before I decided to recycle some old setting spray bottles and make my own. Today, I'm going to teach you how to do the same!

All you'll need is:

  • 2 tbs rose water
  • 1 tbs water
  • 1 tbs witch-hazel
  • 1 empty setting spray bottle
  • some spray paint
The rest is simple! I used the spray paint to give the empty bottle a little makeover. You can decorate it however you like. Be as creative as you want! While I let the paint dry, I mixed in a bowl the rose water, water, and witch-hazel. You give it a quick whisk and once your bottle is dry, use a funnel to fill it right up. The longest step is actually waiting for the paint to dry. 

So I've used this a few times. I first used it without any makeup because I wanted to know how it felt on my skin. The mixture is refreshing and it made my face feel nice after I used it. After that, I've continued to use it with my full face glam and this DIY is great! It works just as good as all the other setting sprays I've used. The only thing I noticed at the end of the day was some shine on my forehead and some caking around my nose, but those things are normal due to my oily skin. 

I also used some other bottles I had as detangling sprays. Don't throw away old bottles! They're great for traveling or transporting products that otherwise would be too big to carry on weekend getaways. 


I recommend this quick DIY to anyone. It's a great way to whip up some setting spray if money is tight and you have the ingredients lying around or if you want to try to make your own. I know that I might not buy any more setting sprays for a while. 

Have you tried to make your own setting spray or makeup? Let me know in the comments! I'll write to all of you soon. 

Love, Nashi

Comments

Popular Posts