Last Minute Easter Egg Cookie Dough Truffles

If you are like me, you leave all of your baking for the day before or day of. Since tomorrow is Easter, I wanted to make some cute treats for when I have lunch at my grandmother's house tomorrow. Pinterest is my main source of inspiration and I found this recipe for these Easter themed cookie dough truffles.  Easy enough, right? Well I was entirely wrong! I am not sure if I messed up the recipe, or if the humidity and 80 degree heat affected the process, but I did not have high hopes once I started making these!

So this is a no bake, safe to eat cookie dough recipe. The ingredients you will need are:
  • 1/2 cup of softened butter (not melted)
  • 3/4 cup of brown sugar (packed) 
  • 2 cups of All Purpose Flour - I ended up using about half a cup more in the mix plus the flour I used to dust my hands
  • 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract  
  • 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup of chocolate chips - ended up being the whole package
  • White candy melts + food dye 
Making the batter is pretty easy. All you have to do is cream your butter and sugar together until white and fluffy. Incorporate your vanilla extract.

In batches, add your flour. Once your flour is mixed in well and you cannot see any more white. Add your sweetened condenced milk slowly.

Once it is fully combined, fold in your chocolate chips. At this point I found the batter to be too loose, so I added half a cup more of flour. I folded it in gently. Still the batter was too sticky to handle as the recipe mentions. And even when I floured my hands and managed to make egg shapes, they spread like cookies on my wax paper!

At this point I decided to place my batter for 30 minutes in the freezer before trying again.

Again, I floured my hands and I was able to turn my balls into somewhat easter egg shapes. I had to work quickly before placing them in the freezer for another hour or so. (I realize now the recipe said to freeze them over night. So this is one mistake I made. Even then this recipe was against me from the start!)


Once the hour was almost done, I melted my white chocolate melts. I separated it into 4 bowls in order to make white, pink, blue, and purple using the food dye. I also had to add some crisco to my candy melts because even though the brand I bought included the oil, it wasn't the consistency I needed it to be in order to dip my cookie dough truffles.

Even then, I had to work in batches or the cookie dough would get to hot and begin to spread and lose it's form. What I did was dip half of them and freeze for about 30 minutes, before I dipped the other half. Once they were completely coated, I did the designs with a spoon and the remaining candy melts.


I know they are not the prettiest, but they are kind of cute and delicious. I am sure they will be a hit during our Easter celebration. 

Have you ever made cookie dough truffles? Was your experience as traumatic as mine? Share with me your Easter Egg Cookie Dough Truffle creations and stories on Instagram by using the hashtag #LoveNashiBakes and tagging me (@love_nashi). I would love to see how yours turn out. I'll write to you all soon.

Love, Nashi

Comments

  1. When I saw the first picture of the final product, I actually thought they looked yummy! Thanks for sharing this recipe! I need to try it out because I love to eat cookie dough! Great Post!

    - Stevie
    https://www.irresistiblypetite.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! Who cares if you want to leave them last minute! Enjoy your weekend!!! Xxx

    therealnessonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound, and look, really delicious! Love it!

    Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts