Banana Bread Muffin Recipe


Lately, I have been looking for healthier alternatives that will satisfy my sweet tooth but also help me maintain a healthier diet. So I have been scouting the internet through dozens of recipes to find something that is easy to make but also delicious. That is when I found Buzzfeed's recipe for Bana Bread Mini Muffins and decided to try them myself. This is my version of their recipe. 

The first step is to gather all of your ingredients. 
You will need:
  • 3 ripe bananas - make sure they are ripe! I'm sure they make the difference and I wish I would have had riper bananas at hand. 
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1/2 cup of full-fat greek yogurt - I used oikos. One of those packages makes exactly half a cup. Also if you are under a diet that requires to go dairy free you can always substitute it for dairy free greek yogurt or find a recipe to make your own. 
  • 1/3 cup of honey 
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups of flour - I used white flour because it was difficult to find whole wheat flour at the moment but you can substitute it for whatever flour you like to use. 
  • 1tsp of baking soda
  • Cooking Spray - I used the one for baking
  • Muffin and cupcake pan - the recipe will make 12 full sized muffins. You could use the mini ones to make 24. 
  • Toppings - You can get creative with this and use fruits, nuts, chocolates, etc. I chose to use pecans, almonds, walnuts and semi-sweet chocolate chips. 
After gathering all of your ingredients, the next step would be to preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 

Next, prepare your toppings and set them aside so they are ready for when you need them. 

In a large bowl, place your peeled bananas and mash them using a fork until they create a fine paste. 
After your paste is ready, you will add the rest of your ingredients one by one until they are incorporated. You will start by whisking each egg into the banana paste. Then, you will add your yogurt, honey and vanilla extract and mixing it well.  

Once your wet ingredients are mixed, you will add in your flour and baking soda. Make sure to sprinkle the baking soda all over the surface so it doesn't all clump up in one place. Once have folded the dry and wet ingredients together, you will be left with a thick wet dough like mixture. 


Spray your muffin pan well before you scoop one tablespoon of mixture into each of the 12 holes. Make sure you portion the batter as evenly as you can.

Now use the reserved toppings to top your muffins with. I did them in rows so I knew which ones were which ones I baked them. Starting from left to right they are chocolate, almonds, walnuts and pecans.  


Place them in the oven to bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Once you remove from the oven let them cool completely to room temperature before transferring them to a plate to enjoy!

Share with me your banana muffin creations on Instagram by using the hashtag #LoveNashiBakes and tagging me @love_nashi. I would love to see what toppings you lot come up with for yours. I'll write to you all soon.



Love Nashi.

Comments

Popular Posts