My go-to mascaras

Whoever said diamonds are a girl's best friend, obviously never owned a bomb mascara! Seriously, eyelashes are my favorite part about makeup. I never go out with mascara, even when I have no other makeup on. I would even go ahead and say that I fail naked without having my eyelashes looking flawlessly on point. That's why over the years I've spent a lot of time figuring out what mascaras will do the job for my long lashes. Fair warning, most of them are high end because I believe in splurging a little in the products you love.

Here are my go-to mascaras:

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
Price: $23.00
I bought this mascara because I wanted to know what the hype was about. After one use I knew it would become a favorite. It doesn't quite give me a natural lash look like other mascaras or a dramatic look, but it definitely gives me amazing looking lashes every time. The wand is flexible and easy to use, the product goes on smoothly and doesn't clump. What I do not enjoy is that on long days this mascara does flake, but it is long lasting and definitely easy to avoid getting a messy eye look. They also sell a waterproof version that I would like to try in the future! Definitely a good high-end mascara to purchase if you are looking to make the transition from drugstore.

Benefit They're Real Mascara
Price: $24.00
I love, love, love this mascara! Did I mention that I love it? I love the way it lifts my lashes and makes them look glorious and almost fake looking. I have very long eyelashes, so I do not like to use fake lashes because I like the way mines look, but this takes my lashes to a whole new level. With this mascara I can feel them brushing against my eyebrows if I look up, and they eyen brush against my glasses from time to time. The formula is long lasting, doesn't flake and it is really easy to apply. Another thing I like is the wand. It has a balled tip that helps separate individual sections, as well as the short plastic bristles help me get a great coating of product. When I want a dramatic eye look, this is my go to. Worth the money and I assure you, you will repurchase! 

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara
Price: $23.00
This is one of the first high-end mascaras I bought. I really like the Smashbox products and this one isn't any different. You will see a trend that I like a mascara with a bigger application wand. I have loved other mascaras more than this one but on days I want natural looking mascaras and just want them to look in place this is a great option. The product doesn't flake and it also doesn't clump up together. Not the best one out there but you cannot go wrong with it if you like natural looking lashes. 

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara 
Price: $22.00 (full sized)
I never intended to buy this mascara but I got it as a free sample one time I went to Sephora. Now it is my go to, to go mascara. I keep it in my purse in case I forgot or left home in a hurry. The formula is long lasting, yet it gives your lashes a natural finished look. The application wand is pretty big so it is hard to make any mistakes and it really gets in between each individual lash. Trust me, I am so glad I was able to try this product because it is a keeper. 
Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Mascara
Price: $6.99
We all know about The Falsies Mascara hype a few years ago. Everyone used this brand and all their different variants they put out. Seriously there was like five or six different ones to choose from. I stuck with the original. I remember it being a little messy and easy to have clumped eyelashes, but once you got the hang of it this mascara did wonders. My favorite part was the flexible and curved application wand. This really helped get an even coating and curve when doing your lashes. This was definitely a cheap drugstore find I repurchased time and time again. 

Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara
Price: $7.99
This used to be my favorite mascara when I was in college. I have small almond shaped eyes so you will be sure that I am always looking for tricks to open up my eyes. My favorite part is that this mascara is double sided, and it includes a smaller brush to comb your bottom lashes with. It minimized the mess under my eyes and it really is a very nice formula to give the illusion your eyes are bigger. Not to mention that it is a great drugstore find. 

Revlon Super Length Mascara
Price: $8.49
This has been a fairly recent buy. I have been using it for a few months on days I am not wearing any or a lot of makeup. It really helps keep my lashes looking nice and in place. I really like the formula although I need to warn that the mascara does have a smell. I do enjoy the wide non-plastic bristles and how easy it is to coat my lashes from the root up. I haven't noticed any noticeable flaking when I wear it. I think it is a great drugstore find and they have a variety of them, not just for length.  

What are your favorite mascaras? Let me know in the comments. In the meantime, I'll write to you all soon. 

Love, Nashi

Comments

Popular Posts