DIY Coffee Sugar Scrub + First Impression


If there are two things you've gathered from my blog is that I love coffee and I love beauty and skincare related things. Also, I love making things myself. Okay! Maybe there are three things you've learned about me. That's why I decided that this week I wanted to make a DIY face scrub for myself. The only problem was what it should be. So I went to research the interwebs and also the things I had at hand and found a great and easy coffee scrub that you can check out here

The reason I wanted to use a coffee scrub is mostly because of the great benefits coffee can bring to your skin. Coffee is a great exfoliant and it can help tighten and tone your skin. Not only that, but according to the internet, it also helps brighten your skin and make it feel awake. It doesn't hurt that it smells amazing. 

Coffee is also an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. It's all natural and this recipe can last you for a few uses and it is so easy you can make it yourself again and again! 

The best part about this DIY? You can use your leftover coffee grounds from your morning coffee. Repurposing those leftover coffee grounds could be a great money saver in your skin routine, so if you are interested to know how I did it, keep on reading!

All you'll need is equal parts of coffee and either coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil. I used 2 tablespoons of each. If you don't want to use your leftover coffee grounds, you can use fresh ones but the whole purpose is to learn of ways of reusing! You will also need some brown sugar. I used two packets of the same one I drink in my coffee, which makes 1 tablespoon. Brands don't really matter, just use what you have at hand. 


The mixture will be kind of pasty once you mix it all together and you can keep it up to two months in a covered container. I like to keep mine in the fridge and use it cold. I like most of my face masks and scrubs cold when I apply them to my skins. 


The mixture is good for about 3 uses. You can always play with the measurements if you want to make a lot more beforehand. If not, this recipe is so easy and quick that you could probably just whip it up before using if you have run out. It literally took me less than 5 minutes to make it. 

So my first impression when trying this coffee sugar scrub was that this smells and feels amazing on my skin. I decided to leave it on for a little bit after applying before gently massaging it into my skin to get that exfoliant effect. It is a lot messier and oily than I expected! So definitely do this with clothes you cannot ruin and over a sink. 


As I had it on, I could feel my skin waking up and kicking things into gear. When I removed it, my face actually looked brighter. I did have to wipe off the excess oil after I washed it off but I didn't use any face wash when I removed it. 

The exfoliant factor feels gentle on my skin, but definitely, this is not something you should be using every single day. Especially if you have oily skin. Also, while I used it on my face, I also exfoliated my lips so this could double as a great lip and body scrub as well! 

My skin really does feel amazing after using this. It also feels so hydrated and clean. A plus is that my whole apartment smells like coffee and I am not complaining! 

Let me know in the comments of other DIY's you guys might want me to use and if you'd like me to do other types of coffee grind DIY in the future! 

I'll write to you soon. 

Love, Nashi

Comments

  1. Funny thing I was just thinking about a coffee scrub a few days ago. I usually use brown sugar or sea salt when I make my scrubs. This sounds nice, I'll give it a try!

    Kendra

    www.kltvintageandretro.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brown sugar is one of my favorite ingredients in scrubs. I really enjoy the way the sugar melts into your skin and how it feels afterwards. Hope you enjoy this when you try it!

      Delete
  2. I've never tried making one DIY but after reading this I think I am going to have to!

    Britt | https://alternativelyspeakingonline.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts