Top Things on my Bucket List


A few weeks ago I wrote about What would you do if you only had six months to live?. In this post, I talked about how keeping a bucket list of things you want to do in short and long term is a great idea to make sure you do all the things you want in life. 

For years I have been building my list, which is ever growing and changing like me. From this list, I have made many and there are many others that are just waiting to be accomplished. So what a great way to get a little #MondayMotivation than by telling all of you about the top 5 things on my bucket list! 

1. Backpack through Europe
For as long as I can remember I have wanted to travel to Europe, but not only visit one or two cities. I want to actually backpack Europe and see as much of it as I can. Sort of like Lorelai and Rory did in Gilmore Girls once Rory graduates High School.

This is always my number 1 thing, especially when people ask me. I hope that before I am too old to be able to do it like I want to, I have the money to do so. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to share the experience to do so. Any travel experts want to sponsor that and help me make it come true? LOL

No, but in all honesty, I can't wait to one day be able to visit places like Greece and Ireland which are two of my must go places. Although, I kind of want to go everywhere. Something that no travel package I have found covers.

2. Spend New Year's Eve in NYC
This one may be a little cliché but I mean come on! How cool would it be to be able to say you spent NYE in NYC. There is something magical about it. This bucket list item is attached to a few other like kiss a stranger at midnight and get to spend NYE in different other countries.

But spending it in NYC with my friends would be quite amazing. There are so many events and parties going on that night. And not only that, but there is so much excitement in the air. And although I've been to Times Square and seen the ball, I would love to see it drop at midnight. And I love music and concerts, and this just seems like one huge concert to me.

Actually, as I write this I realize that I have a lot of NYE bucket list items because I've also wanted to throw a white party in a NYE. I guess I really love New Years. There is something absolutely magical about that night.

3. Land my dream job
This one is pretty obvious and I think that everyone wants to be able to land their dream job. For me, that could mean a few different things. There are three jobs I consider to be my dream job: becoming an editor, becoming a writer, and/or working for a publishing company.

My top priority would be being able to work as an editor in a publishing company, and maybe still be able to write here on the blog or publish my own book. I think that would be my major goal. It's not easy and at times I think it will not be able to be done, but I will continue to work towards it.

4. Take self-defense classes
I'm quite short and very weak, which is why I have always been interested in taking self-defense classes. I think there is something empowering about knowing you have the knowledge to defend yourself if anything were to happen.

I think this would also be a nice way to motivate myself to lead a healthy lifestyle, especially if I get to know my body and how powerful it can actually be. It would also give me peace of mind every once and a while.

5. Do a color run
I have always wanted to get a group of people and be a part of this great event. I mean it seems so fun and for a great cause. This one is mostly on there because it seems like a great life experience. Would be great to be able to say that you've done that. I have participated in so many other activities like donating my hair or Relays for Life.

What's on your bucket list top five? Let me know in the comments or on Instagram @love_nashi. I'll write to you all soon!

Love, Nashi

Comments

Popular Posts